Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Today's the Day

It seems like it has been such a long time coming that I can hardly believe it's finally time to get on a plane and fly to Russia. I don't think I can put into words what it feels like to be leaving for nine months in a completely different country. To be completely honest, I'm not sure it has hit me yet that this isn't a dream and that all the work I have been putting into getting ready for study abroad is about to pay off. 

People have asked me what I'm most excited for and what I'll miss the most and I think the answer to both is "everything." How can I pick just one thing that excites me the most about living in Russia when even little thoughts like what the coffee will taste like make me wish I was there already? In the same token there is no way to choose just one thing here that I will miss above the rest. I'm truly gifted with friends that I love like family, and parents that I know will support me through anything.  Of course I'll miss Denver and DU, but I'm leaving it all for something I've been working relentlessly towards for the last two years so it's hard to say I'm sad to be leaving. 

All that being said, I'm planning on updating this once a week, but we'll see how that goes since I'm not too good about staying on top of things like this. I will have a phone with a Moscow number, but I'm not sure how exactly texting will work on it so the best way to contact me is through my email, jones.tyler2014@gmail.com, through facebook, or over skype. Please contact me as often as you like, I would love to hear from all of you. If I don't respond right away it's probably just because I'm having a blast in Moscow. Thank you all for your love and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment