Monday, November 5, 2012

Happy Halloween from Moscow!

Not much new going on around here this week. As always, just trying to play as hard as I work haha. I wish I could tell you all the details of what I did for Halloween, but I'm really not sure myself what happened this last Friday. My buddy Anton and I went out with a few Russian friends from our faculty and went bar hopping. We met some fun folks from the UK while we were out and enjoyed a few pints with them, went exploring around Moscow and somehow found our way back home. I would like to take a moment to give a huge thank you to Anton for making sure I managed to get home. Who knows where I would be without him.

When I woke up the next day my clothes from the night before were covered in mud, I had hangover that kept me in bed all day, bruises and nice cut on my back from who knows what.

The sure sign of a good time

In other exciting news, I'm starting to get the plans for my Eurotrip during the break between semesters finalized. Right now the list of places I'm visiting includes: Budapest, Vienna, Prague, Germany, Amsterdam, Paris, Piza, Florence, Madrid, and Barcelona. Needless to say, I'm pretty stoked.

School is still going well and I feel like I understand more everyday and I'm starting to be able to have somewhat intelligent conversations with people. Classes are starting to get really interesting and I'm having fun writing on topics like "Freedom of speech in the Russian media and how it shapes political views of the public," and "Problems with legislation on human trafficking in the Russian Federation." If anyone wants to talk to me about these kinds of subjects, feel free to ask. I'm certainly no expert, but it's really interesting stuff and I've been getting some extremely different points of view from the people that live here.

And of course, bonus pictures! These are all from the Museum of Modern History.

1/3 Scale modle of the craft that took Gagarin into space

Book made out of coal that has pages you can actually turn. It was a gift to Stalin, but he never read it because he was afraid it might effect his already failing health negatively.

Big 'ole hammer and sickle. Each one of the ribbions was a country in the USSR

Remember folks, they're are friends!

Eddie SMASH!

Forward, into the future!

Gun cart used during the October Revolution. There's a little mechanism set up inside to imitate the sound of gunfire if the gun malfunctioned so that they could still be used as phycological deterrents.

Cornerstone of the Proletariat

Old school mortor


   

No comments:

Post a Comment